Cleaning a furnace may seem like a daunting task for a lot of people, but you cannot escape the fact that you really need to keep them clean to maintain its perfect working condition. It is important for someone to know how they can keep their furnace clean, and this is what this article will be showing you today. Below is the step by step procedure that you need to take when cleaning your furnace:
1. You need to cut of the power supply of your furnace by turning the switch of the breaker. You also need to shut down the fuel supply to be sure that you will be safe when cleaning your furnace.
2. Once you’re sure that you have turned your furnace off, you need to vacuum it carefully to avoid displacement of any wiring. After this, you need to remove the dust in hard-to-reach places by using a soft brush. For the second time, vacuum the area to be sure that it will be clean and free from dust.
3. Remove the furnace blower and start cleaning it by removing dust build-up on it. You may need to use a soft brush, toothpick, and cotton swabs when cleaning it. Make sure that you are going to remove all the build-up in all surfaces.
4. You also need to clean the ventilation of your furnace to ensure that you will get good quality of air. There are a lot of people who tend to ignore the idea of cleaning the ventilation, which is the reason why they are having problems with their furnace. You may also need to use disinfectant spray to be sure that your furnace will be free from micro-organisms.
5. Once you’re done with all these things, you need to put them back together and keep it running for several minutes to see if there are any problems with the unit. Make sure that there are no loose connections and displaced wiring before you put it together to be sure that your furnace will work properly.
6. Once you’ve confirmed that your furnace is now running perfectly without problems, the last step that you need to take is to put the front panel back in place. You may need to do these steps once every six months to be sure that your furnace will remain clean and will be efficient in providing heat for you.